Major Gift Success, does your organization have it?
Is there anyone more important to a Development Department than a great Major Gifts Officer? And what if you have a small shop and you don’t have the luxury of an MGO and have to do it all by your lonesome? Yikes, these 5 steps are for you!
And do you have time now by year-end for these 5 Major-Gift steps to make a real difference? Amy Eisenstein, who authored the book “Major Gift fundraising for the Small Shop” says yes and outlined these 5 steps in a bloghttp://www.amyeisenstein.com/5-steps-raise-major-gifts-for-year-end fundraising/
Main thing is don’t overlook major gift fundraising now, you do have time! Here’s what to do:
1. Run your database reports and know who your largest and most loyal major gift donors are. Develop a list of 10 to 20 (more if you have a larger shop) that you can reach out to over the next few months (by year-end).
2. Pick up the phone and call these selected major donors. Before you call, review all your notes about these donors and check with board members or staff that might know them also.
3. Make yourself available to meet with them. These major donors come first and you must sit down with each, face to face, with a personal presentation geared exactly to their interests in yor programs and tailor your ask to that interest.
4. Say “thank you” often and relate it back to previous gifts and the impact those gifts had for your cause.
5. Ask for a specific git. Determine the specific project and the specific ask before your face to face meeting.
Watch the above video for more information on ajor gift Fundraising in time for year-end!